Key features of the instrument:
- Diffraction-limited objectives provide outstanding visual and infrared performance.
- Multi-position automated nosepiece, autofocus, auto illumination and full-view computer-controlled aperture for ultimate comfort and efficient ease of use.
- Visual spatial resolution at 1 micron and infrared spatial resolution at better than 5 microns to obtain high-quality, high-resolution spectra of your sample.
- Reflectance, transmission, and ATR sampling modes with automated exchange provide versatility, while a built-in ATR pressure sensor automatically tells you when there is ATR contact.
- Open-access, heavy-duty stage to accommodate samples up to 40 millimeters thick and 5 kilograms in weight.
- Fast results with mapping of up to 10 spectra/second.
- The innovative hardware features of the Nicolet RaptIR FTIR Microscope are complemented by the advantages of the Thermo Scientific™ OMNIC™ Paradigm Desktop Software. It provides users with clear guidance on how to extract information needed from the target. The software boasts a clean, adaptive user interface (UI), database security, floating tool bar, 64-bit system, and easily generated workflows to automate data collection and analysis sequences.
Applicability for microsamples across industries
- Pharmaceuticals (API distributions and purity analysis)
- Polymers and plastics
- Environmental contamination (microplastics)
- Forensics (counterfeiting and trace analysis)
- Art restoration
- Automotive materials
- Contamination analysis in cosmetics and personal care products
- Oil and gas
- Electronics (OLEDs and PCBs)
- Volcanology and mineralogy
- Homeland security
- 3D printing
- Cement and building materials