The picoSpin 80 Series II NMR spectrometer offers simplified workflows, a modern interface and automatic shimming plus custom methods; perfect for novice or experienced users alike. It enables students and technicians with limited NMR experience to use the power of NMR spectroscopy to identify chemical compounds or elucidate their structure. The instrument’s fluid capillary system is contained within a replaceable cartridge and only requires 40 microliters of a liquid sample. Its temperature-controlled permanent magnet does not require cryogens, eliminating the need for consumables or custom laboratory facilities.
This affordable, benchtop instrument offers:
- Practical performance – small molecule sensitivity designed for everyday use
- Personal convenience – portable NMR without waiting for core facility schedules
- Low cost operation – no cryogens, no deuterated solvents, mains energy supply
- Unique technology – capillary cartridge system ideal for monitoring chemistry
Time efficiency means everything in a busy lab, so why wait hours for NMR data from the central facility. At 82 MHz the picoSpin 80 NMR spectrometer delivers chemical shift dispersion and resolution unmatched by other desktop NMR systems at 60 MHz and below. Whether it is distinguishing product from reactant or calculating reaction yield, the picoSpin 80 spectrometer delivers more clarity and confidence for fast decisions.
- NMR spectrum delivered in minutes not hours
- Faster optimization of chemical reactions
- Minimal sample preparation prior to injection
The picoSpin 80 NMR spectrometer is the perfect way to teach your students how easy NMR can be. It is effortless to use with minimal training required. Spectra are analyzed with bundled industry-leading Mnova™ software, so each student has all the tools needed to characterize their own compounds.
No sample-to-sample shimming is required after a quick and simple, first-time setup procedure, eliminating wait times between measuring multiple spectra. This becomes crucial when a group of students want to use the instrument all at the same time.
Process Analysis and QA/QC
Factory conditions may not always be ideal for delicate instruments. With the picoSpin 80 NMR spectrometer flexibility, portability, and reliability matter just as much as the quality of an NMR spectrum. Its rugged construction, light weight, and size can be easily placed next to a reactor in a fume-hood or close by in the same lab. Create reproducible conditions with the picoSpin 80 temperature-stabilized permanent magnet and cryogen-free operation.
Optimize Your Plant or Factory Workflow
- Inject samples into the capillary system with no workup
- Local placement of crucial analytical instrumentation
- Monitor the system remotely on your local network